While we have used them successfully in the past, my recent unfortunate experience showed them to be consummate scam artists.I bid on and one what was shown to be up to 6 nights at a hotel in Mexico.

I elected to provide the travel dates a later time. They confirmed the win and charged my credit card for the full amount. When I subsequently tried to provide the dates for travel on the site, it said I could only have 1 night (even though I had paid for 6!!). I thought this was an error in the system, so I sent them the information via email.

I was then contacted by them and told that it was an auction for only 1 night, which was clearly a lie. I went back on the site to view the original auction listing and they had changed it to one night only, even though the auction listing had expired. I was then sent a notification that they were unable to confirm my reservation. The incontrovertable fact is that they committed fraud by altering the expired listing, even though they confirmed my auction win and charged my credit card.

I called them and got absolutely nowhere.I realize that the fine print says that all wins are subject to acceptance by the provider, but in this case, they clearly made a mistake and commited fraud to "make it go away." They should be shut down by the New York State Department of Consumer Affairs.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $704. This person is overall dissatisfied with Skyauction. The most disappointing about travel at Skyauction was fraud they committed Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Skyauction.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Skyauction to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Skyauction?

Comments